A diegetic/extradiegetic pre-larp workshop for the creation or improvement of relations between characters.
It has been put to test during the larp la sirena varada.
This workshop follows a process quite similar to the one in Coffee for 2.
- As many space divisions as pairs of participants in the larp. I will refer to each space as "table" from now on.
- Two sitting spots for table.
- A chronometer or clock for the organizer.
- In case of odd participant number, either:
- One tandem of three is allowed.
- The participant left in each round does the tandem with the organizer.
- Statics sit one per table.
- Dynamics do the same.
- After a lapse of time (7-8 minutes seem optimal) dynamics move to the next table.
- Conversations take place out and in character simultaneously.
- Conversations focus in the relation between their characters. Past, present and future. Secret or open.
Note: It is not recommended more than 5-6 tandems (40-45 minutes) as it gets tiring over time.
If required, rotations can continue until all statics meet all dynamics. Additional tandems can take place by using combinatorics.
Post a Comment